Thursday 18 February 2016

Trade Journals V Peer Reviewed Articles

I have been asked to write articles recently for two non-peer reviewed publications, Hydro International and the Surveyors Journal. One of the articles is on EO and flood mapping and the other is on satellite bathymetry. It is a very different writing style to what I have been doing over the last 7 years with prepping conference papers, journal papers and a thesis.. Instead of max detail, leave no stone unturned, the opposite is the case and things have to be made more reader-friendly for the wider audience.





I sent off my drafts recently, will be interesting to see whether they take a hatchet to it or how much gets through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.