Monday 10 August 2015

Dublin Bay - Landsat 8

After I posted recently about the Dublin Bay biosphere I thought I should follow up with a quick post on using remote sensing for the same area. Here is a beautiful Landsat 8 image of Dublin Bay and the oceanic processes in the area are easy to see. I'm no oceanographer or marine biologist and so I have no idea if it is sediment, algae, plankton or a combination of all 3 but it certainly looks nice. Unfortunately the problem is that I'm trying to find an image where this is minimised and I have gone back as far as 2013 (which is around when L8 started provided imagery from) and it is evident in all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.