Monday 30 March 2015

Software development

Nothing to with Geomatics but in my spare time (I know, as a post-doc I should not have any) I am the QA Lead for NorbSoftDev, a small Indie developer in the US. I manage the NSD QA staff (about 10 guys but it fluctuates) to create a multimedia historical multi-player PC simulation. This simulation is used in classrooms at the high-school level and college level across the U.S. It is even used to train U.S. Army Officers. We are also one of the few games accepted by the Gettysburg National Park Store!

We have been working on a big release for the next iteration of the engine and we just submitted the release candidate to the publisher yesterday. Has been a busy few months!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.